Update: I have temporary taken down the BETA for the time being – it won’t be accessible until further notice.
I’ve just put up a version 0.2 of the Sinjid BETA. The links to the game and the form are the same, but I’ve updated the content:
I found the bug that is causing the load/new game problem and it should be fixed now. If it isn’t, then try creating a new game whilst being logged into ArmorGames. Or try deleting all of the saved slots, *refreshing the page*, then creating a new game (do not try to create a new game right away, because you need to reset it first after deleting all the slots). Please let me know if any of these fixes work :)
The Previous Feedback
I received a lot of feedback forms (nearly 400) and some of them had really detailed responses. It was great, I read every single one I I think I got a much better picture of the things that needed to be improved. Generally, you guys said you liked the game and found it fun. The visuals also had high scores. The User Interface however, was pretty poor, so I had to look at how to improve that. Also, things like class balance was also criticised, so I did a revision as well. But actually I am just thankful for the feedback, it’s really helped me know what to do next :)
* You can now hold CTRL over an item to see the currently equipped item’s stats for comparison.
* There is now a ‘Sell All’ option in the vendor to sell all items in your inventory immediately.
* You can now save to your ArmorGames account.
* Enemies attack slower, but hit harder, making it more important to block.
* Strength now also increases block amount.
* Intellect now determines your Focus regeneration.
* Loot window now also shows item quality.
* You can no longer eat or drink in combat.
* Hotkeys are now assigned on the Ability bar directly.
* Abilities in the bar are now fixed in position, and don’t automatically re-shuffle.
* Rendering is faster if you are rendering the same scene (from Game Over, for example).
* Tool tips now have significantly more information.
* Reworked the left branch of the tree to become more exciting.
* Replaced ‘stale’ passive skills with more interesting passive skills.
* Buffed the Shadow Bolt starting damage, but nerfed the scaling.
* Re-balanced the Shadow Summons. Now they are weaker, but are instant to summon.
* Added a fast, weak heal spell (to be used to support the Shadows, or self).
* Shadows now follow you around instead of being fixed where you summon them.
* Nerfed the Spirit Barrier.
*Buffed the Blood Pattern passive, to not increase Cooldown as much.
That’s about it! Please have a go with these new changes and tell me whether the experience is better because of them. The game’s actual content is still the same – right now with this BETA I’m just focused on adjust the actual system.
Also – according to the forms, most people played a bit of every class and spec. Except for melee Priest – did anyone ever try that? It’s actually one of my favourite builds to play (Ghost Strike, Blink, Shadow Burst, etc). You’d need to spec Agility instead of Intellect though, but it is still a fun build :)
Anyway – questions, comments, discussions welcome!