So, after my last post about the towns and villages in Sinjid, I’ve been getting a lot of great suggestions from you on how to improve it – there were actually some really good ideas flying about! I’ve also noticed that there have been a lot of threads in ArmorGames and Kongregate forums where people ‘create’ their own items or characters for fun. You guys have a ton of creative energy. I’m jealous.
Well, today I’m going to reveal a little secret… In the tradition of Blizzard (and probably other game companies out there) I’ve made an Editor for Sinjid. I actually got sick of managing all the data in Sonny – especially when you have a lot of items, spells, units. In ActionScript, it’s just an ugly bunch of numbers that make you dizzy. Say, wouldn’t it be nicer to have everything a picture list, where you could just double click an item to edit it? So I spent a few months making an editor to speed up the content-creation process.
Here’s some details about it:
- It is completely Flash based.
- You can create and edit almost any content-related element of the game (items, spells, maps, classes, units…you name it).
- You don’t need to know any coding or programming to use it – it’s all graphical.
- You press a button and it turns everything you make into a big chunk of code that I just need to copy and paste to put it into the game.
- You can ‘test’ play your game in the editor before you export it.